What’s going on in Our World
- News from ICN members:
- Congratulations to Lee-Anne from RTCC who has been promoted Vice-President of The Research Triangle Regional Partnership (RTRP), and Welcome to Jennifer Bosser who becomes the Executive Director of Research Triangle Cleantech Cluster’s (RTCC). More info
- Intense late summer for OREEC with its well noticed participation to the Electric car Challenge and Per-Olaav’s participation to the Nordic Cleantech Innovation Day 2015. Picture of the OREEC race car here.
- The INNO+ project of Ecotech Quebec, which connects supply and demand of cleantech, just got the COP21 label. More info
- New development between Renewable Energy Hamburg (REH) and the Maritime Cluster Northern Germany who are co-developing a new hand-guide about how to deploy offshore renewable energy. More info
- Two projects presented by Tenerrdis to the French Interministerial Fund have been selected and will be funded up to 4M€. Those projects involve the economic development of the energy wood sector and also the French sector of biogas. More info
- Singapore has learnt more about Denmark’s experience in Big Data and Liveability! A delegation of 40 officials from Singapore participated to CLEAN’s seminar on how cities can impact people’s quality of live. More info
- The green economy strikes again! The new study made by ECO WORLD STYRIA states that the economic growth of the 180 companies that are members of the Austrian cluster has risen in nominal terms by 2,5% and that, for the year 2015, the companies expect a significant sales increase of +6.4%. More info
- Congratulations to Evan from GreenCape for his interview in the Guardian about “How renewable energy in South Africa is quietly stealing a march on coal”. More info
- Bilateral activity: Two Ecotech Quebec’s members will benefit from GreenCape’s ICN Passport: a special offer to attend the SAIREC Conference, to get connected with relevant partners and to have access to work spaces. To offer this package to your members, contact Mike from GreenCape.
- Best practices: Congratulations to Lombardy Energy Cleantech Cluster (LE2C) which has been awarded with the Gold Label of the European Cluster Excellence Initiative. More info
- Cluster recruitment: We have four FREE registration to attend the Global Cleantech Summit 2015 in Helsinki, Finland (8-10 September). Contact me to register now and get the opportunity to meet with targeted clusters.
Opportunities for your Members
- Unique opportunity: Start-ups within next-generation energy and digital products and services are invited to apply for “Next Step Challenge”, a very attractive business development program. Application deadline: September, 30th. More info attached and here.
- GreenTec Awards: (see previous Tobias’ email and doc attached) Companies have to summit their innovation to this very prestigious award before October 15th. Thanks to ICN, the application is FREE (usual cost is 200€) and companies that are member of an ICN cluster may specify in their form that they are “directly addressed/recommended by ICN”. Application details and form
- International Membership: CLEAN agreed with the organizers of Barcelona Smart City Expo on reduced prices for its member. There is a possibility that Michael could arrange that all sign-ups that come via ICN gets the same discounted price. If you are interested, please contact Michael.
Don’t hesitate to send me news or stories about what’s going on in your region.
Contact me at the Secretariat email address: email@example.com