Switzerland is the leader in cleantech. While many regional and national players are still trying to position themselves in this field, Switzerland is not only home to the sector’s flagship companies, but has fully assimilated the philosophy of sustainable use of resources, making it an integral part of daily life for everyone. Because of this approach, the wastewater treatment network covers most of the country, the recovery and sorting of waste has become second nature, construction standards as regards energy efficiency (Minergie®) are among the most stringent in the world, while the generation of electricity from renewable sources is reaching new heights, at almost 60% of the country’s electricity production, largely thanks to hydraulic energy.
CleantechAlps is Western Switzerland’s cleantech cluster. Western Switzerland consists of the cantons of Berne, Fribourg, Geneva, Jura, Neuchâtel, Valais and Vaud, and occupies a central, strategic position at the geographic, technological and economic heart of Europe. It has particularly good connections to the main international and European centres. The know-how and expertise within the CleantechAlps network makes it the gateway to clean technology in western Switzerland. Whether you are a research organisation, an SME or a start-up, the CleantechAlps cluster gives you visibility, support and networking opportunities.
- Small-scale hydro (<10 MW)
- Waste treatment and recycling
- Water (drinking and waste water treatment)
- Smart grids & eEnergy
- Industrial ecology (use of industry waste as raw material)
- Energy efficiency (industrial, buildings, transportation)
- Hybrid technologies (processes, technology and services backing cleantech applications: thin film, new materials, microfiltration, Internet of things – IoT, big data algorithms, …)
- Accelerated network integration to key players of the Swiss cleantech innovation scene (academic, finance, industry and public authorities) to help find research, investment or business partners
- Entry door to support business innovation in the Heart of Europe
- Access to market information and insights to main cleantech areas
- Provide visibility in the cleantech community and media
How to Proceed?
If you are interested to exploring market opportunities, then just fill in the ICN Passport Application. You will receive shortly after a communication from the host cluster.
More information about ICN and the passport and the application can be found here.
This is another benefit of being a partner of International Cleantech Network.