Event date: May 8 2017 17:00:00 – May 8 2017 20:00:00
Venue: Aurora Innovation Centre, British Antarctic Survey, Cambridge, the United Kingdom
Explore opportunities to work with the British Antarctic Survey, the world leading research institute for understanding climate change and environmental impacts. BAS has a £300m investment programme for all its sites and facilities, including its polar research stations, and is looking for technologies that will improve the sustainability and environmental performance of its estate.
British Antarctic Innovation Needs
If you have expertise or technology in the following areas we would love to hear from you.
We are interested in:
- Renewable and low carbon power generation – all will be considered for adaptation.
- Energy and demand management – e.g. smart grid, monitoring and analysis systems, load shedding, smart controls, behavioural change, etc.
- Sewage treatment – reduced energy/water consumption, energy from waste
- Water treatment – energy/water efficiency, forward osmosis, etc.
- Buildings and services – efficient construction materials, “super-insulating” products, sustainable new materials, passive technologies, innovative heat exchange methods and products, heat storage, energy efficient lighting and controls, water fittings, pumping & refrigeration.
- Low energy vehicles and mobile plant in extreme environments.
- Life Cycle Analysis of our activities.
- Remote data collection
BAS undertakes many of its scientific activities using remote autonomous instruments, these often rely on environmental power generation and battery storage, in many cases this equipment is deployed by air so system weight is critical. Areas of interest include:
- Power saving methodologies and technologies.
- Power generation and storage in challenging environments.
- High impact innovations in sensor technologies, autonomy and other areas that could fundamentally change the way we collect data.
How to participate?
The event is open to anyone, however Meet the Buyer appointments are by invitation only. Matched companies will have 1-on-1 meetings (20 min.) with British Antarctic Survey as well as the chance to discuss their technology and business opportunities with other industry professionals.
- Start-ups and scale-ups are subject to certain criteria as well as a review process in order to qualify. Does your company provide solutions in the new energy area? Get in touch with us and we’ll introduce your company profile to our corporate buyers. Based on their review you can be selected to participate in the Meet the Buyer event.
- Are you an industry expert, corporate and/or investor and want to join? Contact us and we’ll discuss your options and opportunities.
Register your interest now via e-mail to: email@example.com
For more information, please contact Sam Goodall, Cambridge Cleantech, UK,