23 Jul 2015
What’s going on in Our World
- News from ICN members:
- OREEC will closely accompany Siemens “for the work on new solutions for environment and energy”, as the CEO of OREEC and the Director of Marketing of Siemens both declared to the Norwegian press last month. More info
- Air Liquide has installed a hydrogen fueling station in Isère (France), which will allow the first users of the HyWay project to refuel their vehicles with hydrogen. The HyWay project is coordinated by the Tenerrdis new energy technologies team. More info
- Congratulations to Lee-Anne from RTCC who co-wrote this article on how a new U.S. trade deal would unleash investment in NC, published in the News and Observer. More info
- Renewable Energy Hamburg supports “NEW 4.0”, an alliance of 50 cross-regional partners in Northern Germany, that will showcase that a region with 4.5 million inhabitants can be reliably and fully supplied with renewable energy as early as 2035. More info
- Check the new Clean Tech Delta website to read Fred’s blog on Cleantech 2.0 and the importance of the ecosystem to further strengthen innovation potential.
- Bilateral activity: Carmen (LE2C) invited Denis (Écotech Québec/ICN) in Milan last July 9. Best practices in cluster management and benefits of being a member of an international network were part of the discussions among 15 participants, mostly clusters managers from the Milan region. More info
- Best practices: Jobs, patents, capital investments and venture funding are among the economic impacts tracked by a new interactive metrics dashboard created for the RTCC. The dashboard is available online here. More info
- Cluster recruitment: We received interest from Cleantech San Diego to join ICN. A conference call is scheduled next Thursday to describe the benefits of joining ICN. If you have any other potential clusters in mind, please contact me.
Opportunities for your Members
- ICN Passport: ICN clusters and their members can sign up for FREE to the South Africa REN21’s International Renewable Energy Conference (SAIREC) in Cape Town from 4-7 October by clicking here. GreenCape offers to organize B2B meetings during the event. Please see attached an ICN special invitation that I suggest you send to your members. Contact Claire for more information about traveling cost coverage.
- In exchange of visibility on our ICN website for The Global Cleantech Summit 2015 in Helsinki, Finland (8-10 September), the Finnish Ministry of Employment and the Economy offers ICN four FREE registrations to attend their event. Contact me to register now. First come, first served!
- Unique opportunity for start-ups to collaborate with Europe´s largest manufacturer of home appliances: BSH Group Venture Forum. Application deadline: August 23. More info
Don’t hesitate to send me news or stories about what’s going on in your region. Contact me at the Secretariat email address: email@example.com